Friday, November 17, 2006

Last little bit of history

So here we are, the last of the pictures from my lurid past. In this picture is the first ever girlfriend I had when I came to Canada from Scotland. And she was British. I guess we can't ever escape the old country, can we? Anyway, many many years later I joined Classmates.com, and lo and behold, she was (and is) a member there too. We emailed a couple of times, and I met her and her husband, and had dinner with them. And so, that is my history lesson.
In other news, my mother has again changed her mind about the apartment - she wants to keep it. This is unfortunate, as now I am going to have to think very seriously about taking over with power of attorney. As I've said before, the doctors, the social worker and the psychiatrist that has talked to her have all agreed that she cannot go home and be on her own. They've told her this, but she is, I am afraid, in denial.
It won't be much fun when I have to confront her with what I have to do. I am going to get legal advice first, however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home