Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Just another day.

Directly after work this morning I drove to Prescott. It's only about a one hour drive from Kingston, but I found out just how tired I was after working eight hours by almost falling asleep twice while driving at 120 kmh.

But that's beside the point, as I'm writing this blog, so I must still be around.

Anyway, I put in a change of address for my mother so that all her mail comes to me so that I don't have to drive to Prescott once a week to pick it up.

My mother is steadily going down hill healthwise, and it's the opinion of the doctors that she will be unable to live by herself. I will have to make a decision regarding her apartment. She does not want to give it up, as she has convinced herself that she will be able to go home.

I have all the forms at home for power of attorney, but that may prove difficult. I cannot (except in extreme circumstances) take power of attorney without her consent, and she is still able to make decisions about finances etc. But, if, as I want her to do, she goes into a nursing home, then it would be better for me to look after the money.

As it stands right now, she is paying rent on the apartment, and will be liable for part of the cost of the semi-private room she is staying in at the hospital.

I will just have to make some hard decisions.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home