Thursday, November 30, 2006

At least there's some life left.

So tonight I'm in visiting my mum, all hooked up to saline solution, a nutrient drip, and a new thing, blood. She's not getting enough iron, I guess.

Anyway, the doctors have decided to cut down on her sherry intake. From what I was told by one of the nurses, they've been feeding her sherry so that she'll doze off, and not bother them. Kind of sad in a way.

Anyway, a student nurse was in the room, and my mum happened to mention the sherry. She was hinting that the student nurse should pour her a glass, but they're not allowed to.

I piped up with the fact that my mum was only allowed 3 ounces of sherry twice a day, and she got really mad. "You're not to tell them that!" she said. I replied that it was doctors orders, and why shouldn't I tell them. Heh.

Anyway, she forgot all about it in the next couple of minutes.

Friday I'm off to Prescott to clean out her fridge, but before that I have to visit her banks and get her accounts transferred here so that I can look after them better.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home